*SOLD OUT* Roe Project Public Speaking Course - Stage I
We are holding a Roe Project Public Speaking Course (Stage I) on 21st September at CCHQ. The course will look at how to deliver a presentation, how to make an impact and dealing with difficult questions. It is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and boost your confidence. The course costs £80 to attend and includes a buffet lunch.
Previous course attendees have given excellent feedback on the day with many of them going on to do a stage II course.
To book your place, please register and pay by PayPal at the bottom of the page. Enter the name of your Council in the box below and click Buy Now. You will then be directed to PayPal to enter your details and you can pay by debit/credit card or a PayPal account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the course.
Please note that the Roe Public Speaking Course is now fully sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Conservative Party Conference 2018
The Conservative Party Conference 2018 will take place in Birmingham from 30th September to 3rd October. Please click here for more information for Conservative Party events.
The CCA is excited to announce the following events as part of its Party Conference schedule:
- CCA Drinks Reception, Sunday 30th September, 9:30pm - 11:00pm- This is your chance to mingle with members of the MHCLG Team as well as meeting fellow councillors from across the country.
- Tickets cost £10 for CCA Members and £12 for non-Members, and should be ordered in advance. Tickets can be paid for via PayPal, cheque or bank transfer. The flyer below can be used for group tickets orders via cheque or bank transfer. Once your payment has been processed, you will be sent a physical ticket in the post. It is essential that you bring this with you to the event.
- Community Representation Needs Conservative Women, Monday 1st October, 10:00am - 11:30am- Co-hosted with the Conservative Women's Organisation. How do we get more female representation at all levels and how do we increase women's opportunities in politics, local government and non-exec career progression?
- Registration is not required.
- Being a Young Councillor, Monday 1st October, 7:30pm - 9:00pm- Co-hosted with Young Conservatives. Aimed at young Party Members looking to find out more about becoming a councillor. This fringe event will be led by young councillors sharing their experiences about life as a councillor.
- Registration is not required.
MHCLG Team Policy Q&A, Tuesday 2nd October, 12:45pm - 2:00pm- Want to ask the Ministers a question? Then you can do so at this popular fringe event, kindly sponsored by the LGA Conservative Group. This event is for CCA Members only.
Registration is essential via the CCA exhibition stand.
- Working Together: Community-Centred Emergency Response, Tuesday 2nd October, 3:45pm - 5:00pm- Co-hosted with the British Red Cross, this fringe event will provide a discussion on how councils, councillors, the voluntary sector and community groups can pool resources and knowledge to ensure local emergency response remains human-centred.
- Members can register now via firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Development Weekend 2018
This year's popular CCA Councillor Development Weekend is taking place on 24th - 25th November at The Stratford in Stratford-upon-Avon. Attendees can look forward to a packed programme full of sessions focused on improving their skills in their important role as both a Conservative councillor and a campaigner. It is also a great opportunity to meet with fellow councillors from across the country. Previously, a number of councillors have attended with group colleagues as part of a team building weekend.
There are a variety of booking options available depending on your needs. The popular all-inclusive CCA Member Full Package costs just £100, and includes access to the whole training weekend, accommodation at The Stratford, drinks reception and three-course dinner, lunches and refreshments breaks. Day pass options are also available, and start from £20. We are pleased to offer a group discount for those councillors who would like to attend the event with their Conservative colleagues, based on a rate of three tickets for the price of two.
Please click here for more information and to book your place.
|reception flyer for website.pdf||121.92 KB|