Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at www.conservativecouncillors.com.
1. Description of Service. Yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com are web publishing services (the “Service”). You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the CCA immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You understand and agree that the Service is provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. The CCA disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service or any other client software. The CCA also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you. You must be a Conservative councillor and a paid up member of the CCA to use yourcllr.com. You must be a Conservative local government candidate and CCA candidate member to use campaigningforyou.com. The CCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
2. Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Service, for any posts you make, any comments you approve, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Violation of any of the foregoing, including the Content Policy, may result in immediate termination of this Agreement and may subject you to legal penalties and consequences.
You agree to abide by the yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com Content Policy and the rules and restrictions therein. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to the Content Policy, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version on www.conservativecouncillors.com. The CCA may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Content Policy at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
Violation of any of the following, including the Content Policy, may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to legal consequences. The CCA reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to (a) determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or (b) comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
Much of the content of yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com - including the contents of specific postings and uploading of any images, is provided by and is the responsibility of the person or people who made such postings. The CCA does not monitor the content of yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com and takes no responsibility for such content. Instead, the CCA merely provides access to enable you to post such content as a service to you. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com.
The CCA does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted via the Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Service will be at your own risk.
4. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage. You agree that the CCA has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other communications maintained by the Service. The CCA retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
5. Content of the Service. The CCA takes no responsibility for third-party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does the CCA have any obligation to monitor such third-party content. The CCA reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement. The CCA also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com, its users and the public. The CCA will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
The CCA is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. As appropriate the CCA will make changes to yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com in response to changes in Conservative Party branding. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which the CCA provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
The Software which you use may automatically download and install updates from time to time from the CCA. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Services and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit the CCA to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Services.
6. Intellectual Property Rights. The Rights of MATTEON Software Limited (“MATTEON Software’s Rights”). You acknowledge that MATTEON Software Limited (hereinafter referred to as “MATTEON Software”) owns all right, title and interest in and to the designs and themes (both as code, concepts and visual renderings) available on the Service. Furthermore any application code developed or leased by MATTEON Software is the intellectual property of MATTEON Software and may not be reproduced, sold or used for anything other than its intended purpose without the express written permission of a director of MATTEON Software. Likewise code leased to MATTEON Software or the Conservative Councillors’ Association remains the work of the copyright holder. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or create derivative works from the Service. You also agree that you will not use any automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. As described immediately below, MATTEON Software’s rights do not include third-party content used as part of the Service, including the content of communications appearing on the Service.
Your Intellectual Property Rights. The CCA claims no ownership or control over any Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through CCA services. You retain all copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through CCA services and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through CCA services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant the CCA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such Content on CCA services for the purpose of displaying and distributing CCA services. The CCA furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole discretion.
You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content submitted.
7. Resale of the Service. Unless expressly authorised in writing by the CCA, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any portion of the Service, (b) use of the Service or (c) access to the Service.
8. Publicity. Any use of CCA or Conservative Party branding, logos or domain names including “yourcllr.com” and "campaigningforyou.com" must be in compliance with this Agreement and in compliance with the Conservative Party’s then current Brand Features user guidelines, and any content contained or referenced therein, which may be found at the following URL: http://www.conservatives.com/Get_involved/Party_Logos.aspx (or such other URL the Conservative Party may provide from time to time).
9. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to the CCA to participate in the Service is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
10. Termination; Suspension. The CCA may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up or archiving purposes. The CCA will terminate your account if you cease to be a member of the CCA, a Conservative councillor or a Conservative local government candidate.
11. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the CCA and its officers, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), and legal costs.
13. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of the CCA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms of Service remain in full force and effect.
14. Copyright Information. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that the CCA has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which the CCA may suffer) of any such breach. For further information please read the yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com Content Policy.
There are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com. The boundaries we have defined are those that both comply with legal requirements and that serve to enhance the service as a whole. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check the latest version on www.conservativecouncillors.com.
PORNOGRAPHY AND OBSCENITY:
The CCA has a zero-tolerance policy against the following: Image and video content that contains nudity; sexually graphic material or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by the CCA; any material written or image or video content that promotes paedophilia, incest and bestiality; child pornography, pornographic content or that which drives traffic to a pornography site.
Users may not publish material that promotes hatred towards groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity.
Users may not publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people.
One of the features of yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com is that members of the public can comment on user’s material. Users are solely responsible for monitoring these comments, in line with the yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com Content Policy.
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Users, and not the CCA, will be liable for such infringement. The CCA’s response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter notification. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act. Please note that in addition to being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party which may publish and/or annotate it.
For the purposes of copyright, images are considered under the term Artistic works. These can be: photographs; charts; diagrams; maps; graphs; cartoons; decorative graphics; illustrations; building plans; sculptures; drawings; paintings; logos; engravings; sketches; blueprints; moving images (films and TV broadcasts); and any other media which we deem as such from time to time.
Before you include any of these on yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com you must have the permission of the rights-owner - unless you know the image is out of copyright or covered by a licence held by the Conservative Party.
There may be other legal protection preventing you from making use of the work (for example a cartoon character may be registered as a trademark, or performance rights in the cases of films or broadcasts).
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
We do not allow the unauthorised publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as private addresses, credit card numbers, driving and other licence numbers.
We do not allow impersonation of others through our services in a manner intended to mislead or does mislead or confuse others.
UNLAWFUL USE OF SERVICES:
Our service should not be used for unlawful purposes or for the promotion of dangerous and illegal activities.
SPAM, MALICIOUS CODES AND VIRUSES:
We do not allow spamming or transmission of malware and viruses.
The CCA has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com.
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide you with our service, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up to yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and telephone number).
- Log information – When you access yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to the CCA, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – The CCA may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology and customised content.
- Providing our services;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of yourcllr.com and campaigningforyou.com or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up to yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. This may affect the performance of the service.
The CCA does not share any personal information with any other organisations, companies or individuals outside of the CCA except in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the CCA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use yourcllr.com or campaigningforyou.com, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup media), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is the CCA’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will co-operate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between the CCA and an individual.