Bursary Scheme 2019/20- NOW CLOSED
Every year the CCA offer five councillors the unique opportunity to receive one of our CCA bursaries. The focus is on councillors from groups who are less well represented amongst our members.
Applicants must be a paid up CCA Full Member, and priority is given to applicants who are part of an under-represented group, such as:
- Young female councillors (under the age of 35)
- Councillors with disabilities
- A councillor in a small Council Group
- A councillor from an ethnic minority
Applicants are invited to say why they believe they should be awarded a CCA Bursary, and how they believe it will benefit them in their role as a Conservative councillor.
Those accepted to the Bursary Scheme benefit from:
- A CCA mentor to guide and advise you in your professional role as a councillor
- Free all-inclusive pass or day pass at the Councillor Development Weekend 2019
- Free all-inclusive pass or day pass at the Local Government Conference 2020
- Free pass for the Roe Project Public Speaking Course
- Free ticket to the CCA Drinks Reception at Party Conference 2020
- Priority for CCA campaign grants.
We ask those receiving a bursary to:
- Attend meetings, training sessions and events as provided for free, subject to availability
- Promote the scheme and provide feedback to CCA mentor every six months
- Provide a report on your council and campaigning activities to the board at the end of the year
- Write at least one feature for the CCA’s quarterly magazine, cca.voice
Young Councillors' Mentoring Scheme
The CCA’s Young Councillors’ Mentoring Scheme is aimed at the under 35s but is open to any younger member who would like support.
The mentoring scheme:
- Offers guidance to any newly elected young councillors
- Provides support to any young councillors looking to become a portfolio holder, Group Leader etc
- Is a source of experience and expertise outside of your group
- Expands networking opportunities
- Facilitates mentoring from young leaders and experienced councillors
The CCA has built up a range of mentors across the country to assist with the mentoring scheme.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the mentoring scheme or if you would like to become a mentor.