Bursary Scheme 2021/22 - NOW OPEN!
Every year the CCA offer five councillors the unique opportunity to receive one of our CCA bursaries. The focus is on councillors from groups who are less well represented amongst our members.
Applicants must be a paid up CCA Full Member, and priority is given to applicants who are part of an under-represented group, such as:
- Young female councillors (under the age of 35)
- Councillors with disabilities
- A councillor in a small Council Group
- A councillor from an ethnic minority
Applicants are invited to say why they believe they should be awarded a CCA Bursary, and how they believe it will benefit them in their role as a Conservative councillor.
Those accepted to the Bursary Scheme benefit from:
- A CCA mentor to guide and advise you in your professional role as a councillor
- Free all-inclusive pass or day pass at the Councillor Development Weekend 2021*
- Free all-inclusive pass or day pass at the Local Government Conference 2022
- Free pass for the Roe Project Public Speaking Course*
- Free ticket to the CCA Drinks Reception at Party Conference 2021*
- Priority for CCA campaign grants.
*These events will be dependant on the continued lifting of restrictions to allow us to hold them.
We ask those receiving a bursary to:
- Attend meetings, training sessions and events as provided for free, subject to availability
- Promote the scheme and provide feedback to CCA mentor every six months
- Provide a report on your council and campaigning activities to the board at the end of the year
- Write at least one feature for the CCA’s quarterly magazine, cca.voice
You can download an editable copy of the application form below. Full terms and conditions can be found here.